- Remove all garbage cans, discarded wood, trash or any other unnecessary items from the yard and surrounding area.
- Check gutters and/or roof for dry rot. Make sure gutters are free from leaves and debris.
- Inspect all plants, prune bushes and trees. Keep plants from blocking the windows.
- Weed all planting areas.
- Keep lawn freshly cut and fertilized
- Remove any dead plants or trees
- Clear patios and decks of clutter such as toys, small planters, flower pots, charcoal, etc.
- Check the paint condition of the house – curb appeal matters!
- Clean the windows! This is something that buyers really notice!
- Clear all unnecessary objects from furniture throughout the house, including personal photos
- Keep decorative items to a minimum. The less “clutter,” the better!
- Clear the refrigerator of any magnets or unnecessary items
- Keep all bathroom and kitchen counters free of clutter
- Rearrange or move furniture if a room seems full
- Patch and repair paint as needed
- Clean carpets and draperies if necessary
- Be sure items stored in cabinets or closets are organized and not stuffed full
- Clean all windows and mirrors
- Pay attention to any offensive odors – pet odors and smoking odors are almost always an immediate turn-off to a potential buyer. Air out, freshen & use candles
- A clean and tidy house shows the best
- Leave some lights on during showings
- Turn on soft music during showing
- Try not to be present for showings, and take a short walk if you must be home.
- DECIDING TO SELL
- WHY WORK WITH A REALTOR®?
- WHAT IS MY PROPERTY WORTH?
- TIPS FOR SELLING YOUR HOME
- GETTING YOUR PROPERTY READY TO SELL
- OFFER TO CLOSING